The Structural Engineers Association of Oregon (SEAO) Excellence in Structural Engineering Awards was created to acknowledge outstanding projects and structural engineering advancement by members. The seventh annual SEAO Awards will be recognized as a part of the Wednesday, October 27, 2021 Awards Dinner Meeting.
- Project must have completed construction during the calendar year of 2020 or 2021.
- At least one member of the design team, research team, or a principal of the firm responsible for entry must be a member of SEAO.
- Entries may be of any size, type, and location.
- Projects may be submitted into one category only. SEAO reserves the right to reassign the category, should it meet the criteria for more than one category.
- Each company may submit up to two projects per category (8 projects total).
SEAO Judging Criteria
Projects will be judged by a panel of invited judges from multiple fields related to design and construction based on the following criteria:
- Creativity Of Structural Design
- Complexity Of Design Criteria
- Ingenuity Of Design For Efficient Use Of Materials And Construction
- Fulfillment Of Client’s / Owner’s Needs Or Expectations
- Suitability Of The Structure For Its Environment
All entries must include the following:
- Completed entry form on SEAO website. Please enter all information for each prompt on the website.
- Project Information prompts will guide you through the submittal process. Please fill in each box when prompted. Entries may be saved for completing the editing process later. Please be sure to select the Save or Save and Continue button before exiting from the website. When you have completed all information and are ready to submit, select the Submit button. Editing of submission will not be allowed after Submit button is selected, but submitter may contact the Awards Committee directly if there are any issues with their submittal that requires assistance. Website prompts will include the following requests for information:
- Project name, its location, construction budget, and completion date.
- Submitting SEAO member information.
- Design and construction team members.
- Information for each of the five fields of judging. Each field will limit the submittal information to 1500 characters.
- Information in narrative response boxes must not include names of participating firms or project team members to allow for impartial judging. Any included names will be removed prior to judging.
- Do not include any confidential or sensitive information.
- Provide up to 15 maximum/4 minimum photos in jpg format (per project entry) via upload on website. A maximum of two renderings may be submitted, but judges will be looking for photos during construction that show the structural elements. Images from structural models are highly encouraged.
- $125 Entry Fee (per entry). Please pay on website or make checks payable to SEAO and mail check to SEAO Awards, Structural Engineers Association of Oregon, 9220 SW Barbur Blvd. #119 PMB#336, Portland, OR 97219. Check must be post-marked prior to August 14, 2021. If mailing check, multiple entries may be paid by single check.
- All entries shall become the sole property of SEAO. SEAO reserves the right to use or publish some or all entry material in publications. By entering, the Entrant grants a royalty-free license to SEAO to use any copyrighted material submitted. Such right includes publication of photographs and names of award recipients without compensation to Entrants.
- All materials must be received by August 11, 2021.
- Member must be logged in to this website to make a submission.