Structural Engineers Association of Oregon
The 2014 SEAO Snow Design Guide for Oregon
SEAO'S Snow Committee has completed the new version of the Snow Load Analysis for Oregon. It is now available for purchase from SEAO. Snow maps are no longer provded with the manual. We have developed an online tool that can be found at snowload.seao.org. Note, that we are still in the process of working with the State of Oregon Building Codes Division so that the online map tool will be an alternate method to the old maps. Unitl this process is complete, the old maps will still govern the design. Check with the local jurisdiction for your project to see what snow loads will be required. Keep an eye out here for additional news on code adoption!
- 2016 SEAO/ACI Golf Tournament: If you are interested in sponsoring a hole, fill out the attached form and email it to Jane. To register fill out the attached form and send it to Jane.
- The May newsletter can be found here
- The deadline for the 2016 SEAO Excellence in Structural Engineering Awards is June 30th. Applications can be downloaded here and should be sent to the awards committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Structural Engineers Association of Montana is hosting the Northwest Structural Engineers Association Conference this year in Bozeman MT. For more information see their website here. The Flyer for registration can be found here.
- The SEERPlan Manual has been added to the website, you can find it here.
- Have you used the new ATC wind speed maps? Check out the Wind Committee page for more information.
- Click here for Structural Engineering Job Ads
- Employment ads are available. If you are interested in advertising for an available position see the attached job advertising policy. To advertise a job posting fill out the attched form and send it to Jane.
- Want to get some exposure for your company? Consider being a sponsor for an SEAO event.
Members of SEAO receive a host of benefits. To learn more, click here or Join Today.
If you're new to SEAO:
SEAO is a volunteer professional organization whose primary purpose is education, providing a forum for structural engineers in Oregon to interact and improve their technical knowledge and professional skills. SEAO also works to educate the design community and the community at-large on structural engineering topics. More about SEAO >>
If you're not a member, but would like to be on SEAO's email list for upcoming events and educational opportunities, please send your contact information to email@example.com