Structural Engineers Association of Oregon
- Check out the February Newsletter here.
- SEAOSF Trade Show, Thursday February 27th.
- SEAO's new snow load website is complete! Please note, the values shown in the website are NOT code approved yet. We are working with the State and should have approval in the next few months.
- Statewide Alternate Method No. OSSC 12-01 allows the use of the 2012 IBC as an alternate method to the provisions of the 2010 OSSC. Read about it here.
- The SEERPlan Manual has been added to the website, you can find it here.
- Have you used the new ATC wind speed maps? Check out the Wind Committee page for more information.
- Employment ads are available. If you are interested in advertising for an available position contact Jane.
- Want to get some exposure for your company? Consider being a sponsor for an SEAO event.
SEAO YMF Education Outreach Needs Your Help!
Last year the YMF gave presentations on structural engineering to 34 classrooms reaching over 1,000 middle school and high school students In the Portland area. This year we want to go even bigger, but we need your help. Our goal this year is 1,500 students which means we need to find more schools and teachers to go visit. If you know of a middle school or high school teacher who is interested in having a couple of YMF members come to their class and give a short presentation about what structural engineering is and what we do and follow the presentation up with a fun activity let us know. Interested teachers should contact Seth Thomas at (email@example.com).
Members of SEAO receive a host of benefits. To learn more, click here or Join Today.
If you're new to SEAO:
SEAO is a volunteer professional organization whose primary purpose is education, providing a forum for structural engineers in Oregon to interact and improve their technical knowledge and professional skills. SEAO also works to educate the design community and the community at-large on structural engineering topics. More about SEAO >>
If you're not a member, but would like to be on SEAO's email list for upcoming events and educational opportunities, please send your contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org